Live Author Book Talk, “We the Women: The Unstoppable Mothers of the Equal Rights Amendment,” Equal Rights Heritage Center, Central New York National Organization for Women, June 1, 2021.
“We the Women.” Chancellor’s Forum on the 50th Anniversary of Pennsylvania’s Equal Rights Amendment, Philadelphia Bar Association, May 25, 2021.
“The Chilean Process and the Role of the Constitution in Democratic Stability,” International Webinar hosted by U.S. Embassy in Chile and Instituto Desafios de la Democracia, Santiago, Chile, May 18, 2021.
“Making Gender Equality A Reality in the Americas: Equal Protection Provisions.” Conference at University of Chicago Law School, May 13, 2021.
“Equality in Constitutional Democracies” Council on Foreign Relations Roundtable, May 6, 2021.
“We the Women Author Interview.” Rebuilding the Republic Series, New York State Writers Institute, SUNY Albany, May 4, 2021.
“AAPI Women, Power, and the ERA.” ERA Coalition Town Hall, April 29, 2021.
“The 28th Amendment: The Final Push for the Equal Rights Amendment,” California Women’s Law Center, March 31, 2021.
“Equal Rights Amendment.” American Constitution Society At-Large Lawyer Chapter, March. 29, 2021.
March 23, 2021: The ERA and Families: What’s at Stake? League of Women Voters, Chillicothe, OH.
March 29, 2021: Feminist Foreign Policy, Discussant in Webinar with Veronika Wand Danielsson, Sweden’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Center for the Study of Europe at Boston University.
March 21, 2021: Nevada NOW and Long Beach Sufrage 100 Women’s History Month Event.
March 18: Book Talk on “We the Women” for the University of New South Wales Australia, Gilbert & Tobin Centre Global Book Series, 9 PM ET / 1 PM Friday in Australia (zoom link forthcoming)
March 18:“Daring Dialogue”: What Can We Learn from the Equal Rights Amendment? At Lee College, Texas, 8 pm ET. (Zoom link forthcoming)
March 17: The Political Economy of Motherhood: How Race, Poverty, and (Non)-Equal Rights Shape Society, 6pm-8pm, Law & Political Economy Project Conference, by Zoom, More info and register here.
March 11, 2021: Book Talk on We the Women for Rutgers Center for Gender, Sexuality, Law & Policy 4:30 pm (zoom link forthcoming)
March 11, 2021: Conversation: Forging a Gender Equal USA: ERA Representation, and Empowerment, with political scientist Jennifer Piscopo, Occidental College Law Society International Women’s Day Event.
February 8, 2021: “The Equal Rights Amendment.” Center for Gender and Sexuality Law, Launch of ERA Project, Columbia Law School.
January 27, 2021: “The Politicization of the Judiciary in South Korea.” Stanford University, The Walter H. Shorenstein Asia-Pacific Research Center.
January 13, 2021: “ERA, CEDAW, Gender Quotas,” Rockefeller Center for Public Policy, Dartmouth College, January 13, 2021.
November 2, 2020: Heritage Keynote Lecture, National First Ladies’ Library
October 29, 2020: WE THE WOMEN: Kravis Center for the Performing Arts Meet the Writer Women’s Book Series. 2pm ET.
October 29, 2020: WE THE WOMEN: Gartner Lecture at Southern Methodist University, in conversation with Professor Lolita Buckner Inniss. 7pm ET.
November 2, 2020: WE THE WOMEN: Virtual Legacy Lecture at the National First Ladies’ Library. 11am.
October 20, 2020: The ERA and Higher Education, Annual Conference of the National Center for the Study of Collective Bargaining in Higher Education, CUNY.
October 17, 2020: National Organization for Women Virtual Conference Workshop on the ERA.
October 14, 2020: 100 Years After the Nineteenth Amendment: Their Legacy and Our Future, University of Idaho College of Law.
September 30, 2020: WE THE WOMEN author talk for Fordham Law Women
September 25, 2020:
- Panel on Women in the Law, NYC Bar Association and Second Circuit Judicial Conference.
- Two Centuries of the Equal Rights Amendment Symposium, University of Florida Levin College of Law.
September 22, 2020
- 12pm CST: Loyola-Chicago Law School Panel on the ERA
- 7:30 pm ET: STOCKTON UNIVERSITY CONSTITUTION DAY KEYNOTE ADDRESS. WE THE WOMEN: DISCOVERING THE ‘FOUNDING MOTHERS’ OF OUR CONSTITUTION.
September 18, 2020: Boston College Law School Constitution Day Event.
September 17, 2020: Constitution Day (when the founding fathers signed the Constitution in 1787).
- 12pm – Columbia Law School ACS Chapter, Panel on the ERA.
- 5pm – Author book talk on WE THE WOMEN for Hunter College High School (HCHS) Alumni and Student Community, with HCHS Teacher Irving Kagan.
- 8pm – WE THE WOMEN author book talk for Alice Paul Institute, the home of suffragist Alice Paul. Read about Alice Paul in Chapter 2 of WE THE WOMEN, “The Instigators.”
September 14, 2020: Westport Public Library Author Talk on WE THE WOMEN
August 29: Kansas City Public Library and Project 28 Missouri: “Strictly Speaking: Equal Rights Should Have No Deadline,” Panel discussion, Recording here.
August 28: Virtual Campaign Fundraiser at 7:30 for Jennifer McClellan, an unstoppable mother of the ERA who is running for Virginia governor! Read about Jenn in Chapter 12 of WE THE WOMEN, “The History Makers.” RSVP here.
August 26, 2020 WOMEN’S EQUALITY DAY, THE DAY THAT THE NINETEENTH AMENDMENT WAS ADDED TO THE CONSTITUTION
- Longfellow Books & League of Women Voters, Portland, Maine – Midday book talk
- 5 pm LIVE FROM BRYANT PARK – August 26 marks the the 100th anniversary of adding women’s suffrage to the Constitution (1920) and the 50th Anniversary of the Women’s Strike for Equality (1970) which culminated with a rally demanding the Equal Rights Amendment in BRYANT PARK! On this historic evening in this historic place, author Julie C. Suk will discuss the Nineteenth Amendment, the Women’s Strike for Equality, and lessons from this history for the future in a live webcast from Bryant Park. She will also read from her new book, We the Women: The Unstoppable Mothers of the Equal Rights Amendment. Recording here.
- 7:30 pm – American Constitution Society Virtual Panel on the 19th Amendment’s Centennial and the Ongoing Fight for Equality. Recording here.
August 18, 2020 Honoring the 100th Anniversary of the 19th Amendment and Fight for Women’s Equality, Purple Chair Chat with Elizabeth Wydra, CEO of the Constiutitonal Accountability Center
August 18, 2020 We the Women book talk with GenERAtion Ratify
August 11, 2020 at 12 pm ET. WE THE WOMEN Virtual Book Launch! Presented by Paul & Daisy Soros Fellows Association and Vote Like A Mother. Julie Suk in conversation with Maryana Iskander (PDSF 2001) and Sara Berliner, founder of VLAM. For Zoom details, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Watch the video on BookTrib.
July 10, 2020. The 19th Amendment Centennial and the ERA. Sneak peek of We the Women. Author Julie Suk in conversation with Kathleen Sullivan. Watch the video. Hosted by the Association of Marshall Scholars, James Madison’s Montpelier, and the CUNY Graduate Center Sociology Program.
May 9, 2020. Alice Paul Institute. Sneak preview of We the Women, with author Julie Suk. Video.
April 30, 2020. Law Library of Congress and American Bar Association Law Day Event: Social Movement Changing America. Panel featuring Julie Suk, Martha Jones, Thomas Saenz, moderated by Kimberly Adams.